This week’s services & events
- Wednesday 16th April
- 7:30 pm: Holy Week ~ Victim or Martyr - How did Jesus understand his own death?A biblical reflection led by Rev'd Ian Wallis
- Thursday 17th April
- 8:00 pm: Holy Week ~ Maundy ThursdayLiturgy of the Last Supper incorporating the sacrament of service, stripping of the altar and vigil of the Passion. Please sign up to the vigil beforehand using the list on the chapel door.
- Friday 18th April
- 9:30 am: Holy Week ~ Good Friday All-age craft activityCome and try out a variety of craft activities. No expertise necessary, just a willingness to explore the creative side of yourself. Suitable for all ages.
- 11:00 am: Holy Week ~ Good Friday All - age worship through Godly PlayA short service using Godly Play which respects the innate spirituality of all ages and encourages curiosity and imagination in experiencing the mystery and joy of God.
- 12:00 pm: Holy Week ~ Good Friday Time of Trial : Watching and Waiting with Lukes account of the PassionLed by Janet Morley, each 30 minute period will include a bible reading, reflection, silence and a hymn.
- 7:30 pm: Holy Week ~ Good Friday Film - The Gospel of UsA powerful retelling of Christ's passionset in Port Talbot, Wales, with Michael Sheen, professional actors and over 1000 residents. Certificate 12. Run time 120 minutes.
- Saturday 19th April
- 7:00 pm: Holy Week ~ Holy SaturdayKeeping Watch by the tomb: A vigil service led by Anne Padget
- Sunday 20th April
- 5:30 am: Holy Week ~ Easter Sunday Dawn EucharistGather on the Green at 5.30 am before moving into the Chapel to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus by sharing the eucharist, a meal of thankgiving and hospitality. The hospitality continues with breakfast being served.
- 8:00 am: Holy Week ~ Easter Sunday Holy CommunionA service following the liturgy of the Book of Common Prayer.
- 8:00 am: Holy CommunionService follows the Book of Common Prayer
- 10:00 am: The Parish EucharistThe main act of worship for the whole community. Children's groups and a crèche run concurrently. Sunday lunch is served at 12.15 pm for those who would like to stay. Preacher: to be confirmed.
- 10:00 am: Holy week ~ Easter Sunday All Age Festive EucharistAll age family communion for Easter Day, hopefully followed by easter egg hunt.
- 8:00 pm: Night ServiceOpen, reflective services derived from a number of themes, including Iona and Taizé. 1st Sunday of the month - Holy Communion. The theme of this particular service has not yet been decided.
- Wednesday 16th April
Tag Archives: parish weekend
Nurturing community is an important aspect of St Mark’s. We offer a social and events programme to provide members of the congregation with the opportunity to get to know each other outside formal worship times and to develop supportive relationships … Continue reading
On Saturday 18 May we’re building on our successful parish weekend through a parish activity day: Nurturing Community – ‘In the Spirit!’. It will be another chance for everyone in the St Mark’s community to come together, relaxing in the … Continue reading
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on Wednesday 14 November 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: Parish Away Day and Re-Imagining Ministry for Mission. Download PCC Minutes November 2012
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on Tuesday 23 October 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: St Mark’s History Project, 50th Anniversary celebrations, Safeguarding, Food banks and Salt & Light: Diocesan Development Day. Downoad PCC minutes … Continue reading
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on 18 January 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: Parish weekend update, Financial update, Cleaning service review and What kind of a church? – prioritising resources. Download PCC minutes 18 January 2012
On Shrove Tuesday, following the annual Pancake Party, St Mark’s will be holding it’s inaugural ‘Auction of Promises’. Continue reading
In September 2012 the community of St Mark’s will be sharing time “Nurturing Community”, spending time together in work, rest and play, at the Hayes conference centre in Swanwick, Derbyshire. Click here for more details.