This week’s services & events
- Monday 30th March
- 7:30 pm: Holy Week - Chrism Eucharist at Sheffield CathedralA service for the renewal of ministerial vows and the blessing of sacred oils.
- Tuesday 31st March
- 7:30 pm: Holy Week - Night Service
- Wednesday 1st April
- 7:30 pm: Holy Week - Film Showing: PrideIn the church lounge.
- Thursday 2nd April
- 10:30 am: Holy CommunionMeet in the Chapel to share in thanksgiving and hospitality as we join for the Eucharist, also called Holy Communion.
- 11:15 am: Thursday Discussion GroupCome along to the lounge where a small open group of people gather after the morning service of Holy Communion. Light refreshments (coffee, tea and biscuits) are served as the group chats. At present the discussion focus varies and is stimulated by: Poetry (1st Thursday of the month) Bible Study (3rd Thursday of the month) "Sharing our journey" - sharing , listening and reflecting on our life journey together. (2nd and 4th Thursday of each month) All are welcome, whether or not you attend Holy Communion, and because each week stands alone, no preparation is necessary.
- 8:00 pm: Maundy Thursday ServiceLiturgy of hand washing and Eucharist in the Upper Room, followed by the stripping of the sanctuary and a vigil in the chapel (anyone may stay as long as they wish until midnight).
- Friday 3rd April
- 11:00 am: Good Friday - Short ServiceFollowing children's activities, a short service will be held.
- 12:00 pm: Good Friday - Three Hours MeditationThree Hours Meditation at the foot of the cross, split into 6 half hour sections. It is easy to come and go between sections.
- Saturday 4th April
- 7:00 pm: Holy Saturday - Silent MeditationSilent meditation at the tomb (held in the chapel).
- Sunday 5th April
- 5:30 am: EASTER SUNDAY Dawn ServiceHeld on St. Mark's green, followed by breakfast in the lounge. Time TBC
- 8:00 am: Holy CommunionService follows the Book of Common Prayer
- 10:00 am: EASTER SUNDAY The Parish EucharistThe main act of worship for the whole community. Children's groups and a crèche run concurrently. Refreshments are served after the service.
- 8:00 pm: Night Service - Holy Communion (Easter Sunday)A simple, open and reflective service of Holy Communion, led by Liz Anson.
- Monday 30th March
Tag Archives: parish weekend
Nurturing community is an important aspect of St Mark’s. We offer a social and events programme to provide members of the congregation with the opportunity to get to know each other outside formal worship times and to develop supportive relationships … Continue reading
On Saturday 18 May we’re building on our successful parish weekend through a parish activity day: Nurturing Community – ‘In the Spirit!’. It will be another chance for everyone in the St Mark’s community to come together, relaxing in the … Continue reading
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on Wednesday 14 November 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: Parish Away Day and Re-Imagining Ministry for Mission. Download PCC Minutes November 2012
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on Tuesday 23 October 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: St Mark’s History Project, 50th Anniversary celebrations, Safeguarding, Food banks and Salt & Light: Diocesan Development Day. Downoad PCC minutes … Continue reading
The Minutes from the PCC meeting on 18 January 2012 are available to download below and contain items on: Parish weekend update, Financial update, Cleaning service review and What kind of a church? – prioritising resources. Download PCC minutes 18 January 2012
On Shrove Tuesday, following the annual Pancake Party, St Mark’s will be holding it’s inaugural ‘Auction of Promises’. Continue reading
In September 2012 the community of St Mark’s will be sharing time “Nurturing Community”, spending time together in work, rest and play, at the Hayes conference centre in Swanwick, Derbyshire. Click here for more details.