This week’s services & events
- Thursday 4th September
- 10:30 am: Holy CommunionMeet in the Chapel to share in thanksgiving and hospitality as we join for the Eucharist, also called Holy Communion.
- 11:15 am: Thursday Discussion GroupCome along to the lounge where a small open group of people gather after the morning service of Holy Communion. Light refreshments (coffee, tea and biscuits) are served as the group chats. At present the discussion focus varies and is stimulated by: Poetry (1st Thursday of the month) Bible Study (3rd Thursday of the month) "Sharing our journey" - sharing , listening and reflecting on our life journey together. (2nd and 4th Thursday of each month) All are welcome, whether or not you attend Holy Communion, and because each week stands alone, no preparation is necessary.
- Sunday 7th September
- 8:00 am: Holy CommunionService follows the Book of Common Prayer
- 10:00 am: The Parish Eucharist - Preacher: Sue HammersleyThe main act of worship for the whole community. Children's groups and a crèche run concurrently. Refreshments are served after the service.
- 8:00 pm: Night Service - Holy CommunionA simple, open and reflective service of Holy Communion, led by Rev Sue Hammersley
- Thursday 4th September
Tag Archives: marriage
1. Whether Love is Destroying Marriage Several modern writers on marriage claim that marriage is being destroyed by love. That is a very strange opinion! Once marriage was a formal institution, they say, conferring rights and duties, roles and responsibilities. … Continue reading
It’s not difficult to work out why the early church would have struggled with our Gospel reading this evening, narrating Jesus’ encounter with the woman accused of adultery. Quite simply, it doesn’t reinforce his teaching on marriage elsewhere or indeed … Continue reading
Well, Roz and Andy, you have finally arrived on the threshold of marriage. All the preparations are now behind you. In a few minutes time, with barely 50 words, you will enter into a covenant that could and hopefully will … Continue reading
St Mark’s is a real community centre with many interesting architectural features and a good range of facilities. We offer rooms for hire so that as many people as possible from the community can make use of the building and … Continue reading
We welcome enquiries from couples whose relationship has reached a stage where they are ready to enter into a life-long commitment with one another. A Marriage in church is both similar and dissimilar to a ceremony at a Register Office … Continue reading
There are certain transitions in life that are particularly significant. The birth of a child, entering into a life-long commitment with another person and the death of someone we love are the most obvious examples, but there are others. For … Continue reading