The birth of a baby is an wonderful occasion. Quite naturally, it is one that parents wish to celebrate with family and friends. It can also be a time when we wish to express our thanks to God for the gift of new life and to make public our commitment to giving our child the love and care needed to grow and flourish.
Thanksgiving for the Gift of a Child is a new provision which can take place within a Sunday service or at some other time. It usually includes the following elements:
- thanksgiving for your child;
- naming your child;
- blessing and anointing your child;
- demonstrating your commitment to your child;
- praying for you and your supporters;
- receiving a gift and a certificate.
For more information, please contact the church office or a member of the ministry team.