This week’s services & events
- Saturday 18th May
- 9:30 am: Parish Activity DayOn Saturday 18 May we’re building on our successful parish weekend through a parish activity day at St Mark's Church: Nurturing Community – ‘In the Spirit!’.
- Sunday 19th May
- 8:00 am: Holy CommunionService follows the Book of Common Prayer
- 10:00 am: The Parish EucharistThe main act of worship for the whole community. Children's groups and a crèche run concurrently. Sunday lunch is served at 12.15 pm for those who would like to stay. Preacher: CTBB Pentecost Service
- 8:00 pm: Night Service - Taizé/Sung Compline.A night service in the style of a Taizé prayer or short service of Sung Compline (to be confirmed) led by Anne Padget and Alison Creasey.
- Thursday 23rd May
- 11:00 am: Pondering the Parables discussion groupPONDERING THE PARABLES After Holy Communion on Thursdays, 11.00am.
- Saturday 18th May
Category Archives: Inspire
St Mark’s is an open, welcoming church for people from all walks of life who wish to learn more about Jesus and Christian faith and seek the freedom to ask the big questions.
St Mark’s has much to offer you: sensible and responsible theology; services that vary from traditional to alternative; an engaging programme for learning and exploration; socials that take us to the Lake District and beyond; and, above all, a community to which you can belong and where you can make your home. Continue reading
A simple service with songs from the Taizé community. Please note that this service will be at Sheffield Hallam University Catholic Chaplaincy (18 Broomhall Road), at 8pm. There is a map here. For more information on Taizé in Sheffield, please … Continue reading
There will be an Ash Wednesday service for the St Mark’s community, probably at 7:30. No doubt, InSpire will head to the pub afterwards.
Continuing the theme of relaxing revision relief, tonight will just be an informal gathering in the Francis Newton Wetherspoons just down the hill from church. There is a map here. Meet from 8pm.
Find out more about this pilgrimage for students that takes place during the Easter vacation. Not sure exactly which Wednesday it will be yet – but watch this space. Food will be served too, yum!
Wednesday 26th October, 8pm in the upper room, St Mark's
In the summer of 2011, Symon Hill walked from Birmingham to London as a pilgrimage of repentance for his former homophobic attitudes and beliefs. He walked for almost 3 weeks, giving talks at churches along the way and encouraging churches and Christians generally to repent of homophobia and to think differently about sexuality. Continue reading
Are you coming to Sheffield to study and looking for a church student group? Maybe you’ve not been involved with a church before but you’d like to try church out and you’ve had a few questions up your sleeve for a while. Perhaps you just want to belong to a community, a place where people matter and where there’s a conversation about what’s important in life. Continue reading